About the course
Britain is a culturally diverse nation that respects and values the differences in people. Companies are legally required to follow a set of practices to tackle discrimination and ensure equality for their employees. If you want to learn about equality and diversity in different contexts, this course will give you a great understanding of the different issues affecting equality and diversity in society today. You will gain an insight into the wide-ranging legislation that's needed to create a workplace centred on fairness, dignity and respect.
Learners must meet the following eligibility criteria to access this course:
- Age: Learners must have been at least 19 years of age by 1 August 2021 (if you are aged 19-23 years you must already hold a full level 2 qualification i.e. 5 x GCSE's grade A*-C / 4-9)
- Nationality: Learners must have lived within the EU for at least the last 3 years
- Learners will be required to complete an electronic enrolment form.
- Learners must undertake a maths and English skills checker. (initial online course only)
- Learners will be required to attend an online induction session via zoom.(initial online course only)
- Apprenticeships: Please contact us regarding the funding rules for apprentices
TQUK Level 2 qualification
What you'll learn (core modules)
This course explores the following units:
Unit 1 - Equality and diversity in society
In this unit, you will learn what is meant the by the term 'equality' and explore the damaging effects of stereotyping and labelling.
Unit 2 - Equality and diversity in the community
This unit will help you to identify the extent of diversity that exists within a community and understand the benefits of promoting a culture of equality and diversity.
Unit 3 - Equality and diversity in the workplace
In this unit you will learn how equality and diversity can be promoted and maintained by employees and the benefits of having a dynamic, diverse workforce.
How will I be assessed?
This qualification is assessed via an internally assessed portfolio of evidence which is submitted to your tutor using the online portal.
Where is the course delivered? (facilities/classrooms)
- All learning is completed online at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
- At the start of the course and you will be allocated a designated tutor who will support you through your qualification.
Where will this course take me?
Once you have completed your course with us, you may feel that you would like to progress with your studies or develop skills in another area and take up another course. Please select the link below to view all our other online courses:
How much will it cost?
The course is fully funded and there are no associated costs with completing this course*
However if you start and not complete this course there will be a charge of £125
*The course is fully funded subject to the individual being over 19 and having lived in an EEA country for the last 3 years
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Please select "apply online" and complete the application, once we have received this, we will contact you with further enrolment information.
Days & times
Please contact us for dates and further information