About the course
Anyone who works with personal data needs to understands the laws surrounding it. This fully online level 2 Certificate in Data Protection and Data Security will provide you with essential knowledge on data protection compliance.
The qualification will help to develop your understanding of key data legislation such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act.
You will learn the steps that organisations can take to protect data from common threats to ICT systems, as well as the consequences that failing to protect data can have for individuals and organisations.
Learners must meet the following eligibility criteria to access this course:
- Age: Learners must have been at least 19 years of age by 1 August 2021 (if you are aged 19-23 years you must already hold a full level 2 qualification i.e. 5 x GCSE's grade A*-C / 4-9)
- Nationality: Learners must have lived within the EU for at least the last 3 years
- Learners will be required to complete an electronic enrolment form.
- Learners must undertake a maths and English skills checker. (initial online course only)
- Learners will be required to attend an online induction session via zoom.(initial online course only)
- Apprenticeships: Please contact us regarding the funding rules for apprentices
NCFE/CACHE Level 2 qualification
What you'll learn (core modules)
This course explores the following:
- Current data protection legislation, and how it is applied
- Organisational procedures concerning data
- Possible threats to ICT systems and data, and how to protect against them
- Consequences of not protecting data, and the impact of possible breaches.
How will I be assessed?
This qualification is assessed via an internally assessed portfolio of evidence which is submitted to your tutor using the online portal.
Where is the course delivered? (facilities/classrooms)
After the initial induction session all learning is completed online at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
Where will this course take me?
- All learning is completed online at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
- At the start of the course and you will be allocated a designated tutor who will support you through your qualification.
How much will it cost?
The course is fully funded and there are no associated costs with completing this course*
However if you start and not complete this course there will be a charge of £125
*The course is fully funded subject to the individual being over 19 and having lived in an EEA country for the last 3 years
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Please select "apply online" and complete the application, once we have received this, we will contact you with further enrolment information.
Days & times
Please contact us for dates and further information