About the course
This qualification will give you the underpinning knowledge that is required to ensure you can successfully work in a range of different environments in a business administration role. You will develop essential knowledge of how to carry out administrative tasks such as how to manage information and supporting events. You will also learn how to apply your knowledge in a variety of industries and job roles.
Learners must meet the following eligibility criteria to access this course:
- Age: Learners must have been at least 19 years of age by 1 August 2021 (if you are aged 19-23 years you must already hold a full level 2 qualification i.e. 5 x GCSE's grade A*-C / 4-9)
- Nationality: Learners must have lived within the EU for at least the last 3 years
- Learners will be required to complete an electronic enrolment form.
- Learners must undertake a maths and English skills checker. (initial online course only)
- Learners will be required to attend an online induction session via zoom.(initial online course only)
- Apprenticeships: Please contact us regarding the funding rules for apprentices
TQUK Level 2 qualification
What you'll learn (core modules)
This course explores the following units:
Unit 1: Principles of providing administrative services This unit will develop your knowledge of a range of administrative support tasks as well as meeting types, different mail services and how to organise travel and accommodation. This unit also covers the impact of delivering poor customer service.
Unit 2: Principles of business document production and information management This unit will provide you with an understanding of how to prepare and distribute business documents and identify how information is managed in business organisations.
Unit 3: Understand communication in a business environment Within this unit you will study written and verbal business communication, including identifying appropriate body language and tone of voice when communicating verbally.
Unit 4: Understand employer organisations This unit will provide you with an understanding of different organisational structures and the differences between private, public and voluntary sectors. You will also cover the internal and external influences on organisations and why change in the business environment is important.
Unit 5: Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues Within this unit you will look at the principles of effective team working, as well as what is expected of a 'buddy'.
Unit 6: Understand how to carry out business administration tasks This unit will provide you with the knowledge of how to deal with incoming and outgoing mail, reception services, diary systems management, event organisation and systems for financing administration roles. You will get the opportunity to apply this to your current or potential future workplace.
- Unit 7: Understand how to prepare text Within this unit you will gain an understanding of how to create text from recorded notes as well as knowledge of organisational procedures for storing confidential information.
How will I be assessed?
This qualification is assessed via an internally assessed portfolio of evidence which is submitted to your tutor using the online portal.
Where is the course delivered? (facilities/classrooms)
- All learning is completed online at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
- At the start of the course and you will be allocated a designated tutor who will support you through your qualification.
Where will this course take me?
Once you have completed your course with us, you may feel that you would like to progress with your studies or develop skills in another area and take up another course. Please select the link below to view all our other online courses:
How much will it cost?
The course is fully funded and there are no associated costs with completing this course*
However if you start and not complete this course there will be a charge of £125
*The course is fully funded subject to the individual being over 19 and having lived in an EEA country for the last 3 years
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Please select "apply online" and complete the application, once we have received this, we will contact you with further enrolment information.
Days & times
Please contact us for dates and further information