Overview of course
This one day workshop will help delegates identify ways in which they can improve how they organise themselves so they can feel more in control of their time. They will be able to implement practical ways to manage their time effectively and realise how psychological barriers help to steal their time. They will be able to manage the impact of stress and determine how they can develop resilience so they can improve their effectiveness.
Following participation on this workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Achieve success, getting results by planning your time and tasks more effectively
- Identify aims and objectives and how to achieve these
- Analyse use of time and manage time stealers effectively
- Handle stress and develop resilience to pressure and stressors
The course will run at West Suffolk College or can be delivered on site as bespoke training.
Further course detail
Course content to include:
- The Success Cycle â€“ planning and preparing objectives and getting results
- Psychological barriers to time management â€“ Circle of Concern and Circle of Influence
- Time Stealers and how to manage them to give yourself more time
- Planning your day and week â€“ using a time log, planning timeframes
- Breaking down large objectives into smaller, achievable goals, making these SMART
- Prioritisation, helping you attack your tasks in the right order by defining which tasks are important and which are urgent
- Communicating and Co-ordinating others' work, including Delegation, the rules, dos' and don'ts.
- Reviewing your results, analysing your methods and keeping yourself and others on track
- Managing Stress and Pressure. Analysing your stress signals, managing your stressors and how to develop resilience to setbacks.
The workshop will include direct teaching, interactive sessions and practical activities to help delegates to demonstrate and consolidate their learning.
Delegates will have their own folder of training materials. During the workshop we will apply the learning to the delegates' own situations which will provide them with relevant tools to use, and help them to practise using them.
At the end of the workshop delegates will leave with actions to implement.
Days & times
Please contact us for dates and further information