Overview of course
This one day course covers the following objectives:
- Analyse behaviour and attitude, and that of others and recognise why people react as they do
- Analyse 5 different approaches to handling conflict, recognising our preferences and how we can use the strategies we use the least
- Recognise how to stay control of their emotions which aids improved communication skills
- Practice assertive behaviours and effective feedback, use of the model to handle conflict
The course will run at West Suffolk College or can be delivered on site as bespoke training.
Further course detail
Course content to include:
- Analysis of our attitude, thoughts and reactions and how this influences our behaviour
- Types and patterns of behaviour, recognising how others feel and how this is turn affects their behaviour and how 'difficult' they are
- The importance of staying in control of our thoughts and reactions to stay in control of our emotions
- Analysis of Kraybill Style Matters questionnaire ** and working through a variety of strategies to aid cooperation and improved working relationships
- Strategies to address conflict or difficult situations
- Assertive Behaviour, practising what to say and how to come across, giving effective feedback
- Use of the model to handle conflict
Note: Kraybill Style Matters Questionnaire will be completed as Pre-Work and submitted for analysis before the training goes ahead.
The course will include a mixture of direct teaching, interactive sessions and group discussions to help delegates to fully demonstrate their learning. Practical activities are also used to relate the subject matter to own situations so delegates take away tools and actions they can immediately implement.
Delegates will be supplied with a folder of the workshop materials, and develop their own action plan to implement and review.
Days & times
Please contact us for dates and further information