Overview of course
This one day workshop will help delegates write and deliver presentations with confidence and impact. They will learn how to structure them, how to present themselves, how to control their emotions and how to deliver a compelling message to their audience.
Following participation in the workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Understand how to plan, prepare and structure an effective and impactful presentation
- Build on what they have learnt, refine their techniques and feel more confident when addressing an audience
- Deliver presentations with confidence and professionalism
- Focus attention on the key issues whilst gaining audience acceptance of your message
The course will run at West Suffolk College or can be delivered on site as bespoke training.
Further course detail
Course content to include:
- Clarifying your objectives
- How to research, plan and structure your presentation for maximum impact
- Conveying ideas clearly
- Use of presentation tools and resources
- Creating rapport
- Presenting your point of view â€“ helping others shape and develop their ideas of you
- Analyse self perception and how that correlates with that portrayed to others
- Delivering team briefings and meetings and being able to apply different techniques to different presenting opportunities
- Adopting appropriate body language and voice tone
- Managing nerves and taking control of negative emotions before and during the presentation
- Positive language and appropriate gestures
Note: This course includes pre-work for the practical presentation session. Delegates will be recorded for self-analysis.
The workshop will include direct teaching, interactive sessions and practical activities to help delegates to demonstrate and consolidate their learning.
Delegates will have their own folder of training materials. During the workshop we will apply the learning to the delegates' own situations which will provide them with relevant tools to use, and help them to practise using them.
At the end of the workshop delegates will leave with actions to implement.
Days & times
Please contact us for dates and further information