Overview of course
This is a 1 day workshop for those with no/ little experience of Microsoft Excel but who want to find out what it does and how to start using it.
The format will be 'teach and try' where we show you what to do and then you will be given examples to try it out for yourself.
What will I learn?
- What Excel is and when to use it
- How to enter and edit data
- Data ranges and how to select them
- Formatting, copying and pasting data
- Creating and copying simple formulas
- Using Excel's auto-sum function
- Sorting and filtering data
- Creating and using tables
Who is the course for?
- Those with no or very little prior knowledge of excel
- Those whose current Excel use is limited to simple data entry
- Those who have some very basic knowledge of Excel but would like to be more confident in using it and learn more about it
Will I have to provide anything?
Computers and handouts will be provided; however, if you have one, you can bring a USB (memory) stick so that you can take home the example files and work completed during the workshop.
Days & times
Saturday 10:00 - 15:00