Overview of course
The IET 18th Edition Wiring Regulations 2382-18 (BS 7671:2018) course is designed for those working in industry to demonstrate their understanding of the requirements of BS 7671:2018. Successful completion of the course will lead to the City and Guilds 2382-18 qualification.
Course attendance dates are Monday 16, Tuesday 17 and Wednesday 18 November 2020 with the examination on the afternoon of the final day.
The course fee is fully inclusive of delivery, course materials, registration and certification fees.
This qualification is intended for qualified, experienced practising electricians and ensures that they are familiar with the layout, content and implementation of the regulations.
Candidates will have the opportunity to enter for the on-line City and Guilds 2382-18 examination.
**Due to awarding body entry requirements, delegates must be 18 years or over to undertake this qualification**
City and Guilds 2382-18 18th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations.
Further course detail
Course content includes:
- Introduction, course outline, plan/style of regulations
- Practical situations - Earthing/protection/control
- Supply systems ELZ for TT, TN-S, TN-C-S
- External influences introduction to cable selection
- Cable selection continued, volt drop constraints
- Shock protection, disconnection characteristics
- Inspection and testing
- End test
- Recap and review
- Additions to the scope of BS 7671
- Changes to the disconnection times for certain circuits
- Further requirements for circuit protection in domestic dwellings
- Considerations for Arc Fault Detection in many installations
- Supporting of wiring systems
- Inspection and testing procedures
Will I have to provide anything?
A copy of the current edition of the IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition (BS 7671:2018 light blue cover) is essential for this course and must be purchased prior to the training.
Days & times
Monday 09:00 - 16:30
Tuesday 09:00 - 16:30
Wednesday 09:00 - 16:30