HNC Construction and the Built Environment is the route many construction professionals take to start their careers usually studying part time one day a week whilst training with their employers for specific roles.
It is a great start for all who are aspiring to roles all of which are very well rewarded and qualified professionals are highly sought after.
Typically students can be training towards any of the following careers in construction:
- Quantity or Building surveying
- Site Management
- Building Control
- Managing Building Maintenance
- Civil Engineering
- Architectural Design
- Safety Management
- Managing Housing or other properties.
The Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Construction and the Built Environment course:
- Develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance in working life and thereby enable learners to make an immediate contribution to employment at the appropriate professional level
- Prepare for a range of technical and management careers in construction, building, or civil engineering equipping individuals with knowledge, understanding and skills for success in employment in contracting, consultancy or with other employers.
- Providing specialist studies relevant to the individual vocations and professions in which learners are working or intend to seek employment in construction and its related industries
- The units studied provide students with the breadth of knowledge required to understand and work effectively with other construction professionals.
- Academically enabling progression to or count towards an undergraduate degree or further professional qualification in construction or related area
- Providing a significant educational base for progression to membership of relevant professional bodies.
- Most successful students usually find that targeting between 12 - 15 hours a week self-directed reading and researching is necessary.
- During your day of attendance you will engage with lectures, discussions, practical activities and tutorials. The combination of these experiences offer the structure of knowledge that you should further research and all of them are essential to your success.
- The practical sessions will provide opportunity to reinforce the theoretical learning from lectures and tutorials. Maths and both written and oral communication is an essential aspect of a professionals life and through this course you will have opportunities to strengthen your existing skills further.
- This course prepares students for a range of technical and management careers in construction and also enables progression to or count towards an HND or undergraduate degree or further professional qualification in related areas.
Days & times
Starting September 2019
Tuesday 09:00 - 18:30