Overview of course
We offer bespoke 1/2 day delivery for Fire Safety Awareness for groups or companies. This can be delivered on-site at company premises or at West Suffolk College in Bury St Edmunds or one of our Local Learning Centres.
Course outline would be as follows:
- Identify the basic requirement of the FSO & the HASAWA 1974
- Assess fire risks
- Identify the procedures for spotting and reporting hazards
- Understand the principle of fire behaviour
- Understand the appropriate actions to take on discovering a fire
- Understand personal duties in response to the fire alarm signal
- Show an understanding of first aid fire-fighting using fire extinguishers
- Recognise the importance of 'passive fire protection measures'
- Understand the importance of compartmentalisation.
Further course detail
The course follows the listed criteria:
- Personal introduction / group introduction
- Requirement of the fire safety order 2005 & HSW specific in the relation to fire safety, risk identification & training.
- Lecture: Duties of the appointed fire warden (s)
- White board presentation (classes of fire & fire behaviour)
- Theory - session int he use of each class of extenguisher
- How and when to fight fires using fire extinguishers
- Multiple choice question paper.
Days & times
Please contact us for dates and further information