Overview of course
This course will look at basic Microsoft skills and is aimed for learners that are confident in accessing the Microsoft applications and internet searches. The course will introduce how to create documents in word, excel spreadsheets for accounting and data storage and PowerPoint presentations. Some general desk top optimisation and health safety will also be covered.
What will I learn?
· Customise at least two computer settings to increase learners own efficiency whilst working with the computer successfully.
· Identify the difference between output and input.
· Save at least five different files across five different folders on the desktop. Keeping a hierarchy of folders that can be retrieved.
· Create a storage solution to keep all of today's lesson materials and future lesson materials secure.
· Describe how to work safely and securely whilst working at a computer and in an office environment.
· Defragmentation & Disc clean up.
· Select and format text to meet requirements identifying appropriate tasks to utilise in word.
· Identify tabs and ribbons and what editing buttons are contained within them.
· Save and print word document, changing layouts and margins to suit the document requirements.
· Use spell checks and thesaurus.
· Use password protect and restrictions to protect the document.
· Display information in a table- using insert table. Introduce rows, columns and cells.
· Adjust table properties, adding rows and columns.
· Use table formatting to enhance at least two tables.
· Use design and layout tabs to edit the document - add a water mark etc.
· Structure and present data in a table.
· Input data into excel- across multiple workbooks.
· Introduction to rows, columns, cells, merged cells and general data structure.
· Search structured data using filters and sorting criteria.
· Edit and amend table properties.
· Present information to meet requirements validating data inserting drop down filters.
· Introduce formulae and BIDMAS principals. Use of symbols inclusive of
· Use MIN, MAX, AVERAGE, SUM formula and how to apply them to workbooks.
· Introduce TODAY (), Count and conditional formatting.
· Carry out calculations with relative and absolute references. IF Statement or VLOOKup.
· Basic introduction to pivot tables.
· Introduction to PowerPoint and presentation software.
· How to add slides to a presentation.
· Add images, movies and text to slides.
· Add animations and transitions to a presentation.
Who is the course for?
Anyone that wants to learn more about Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint.
Will I have to provide anything?
A notepad and pen.
Am I ready to start?
Absolutely - come with enthusiasm and an open mind.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
To enrol and pay for this course you must visit www.wsc.ac.uk and apply for course code 19LE3180CHA by clicking the Enrol Online button.
Days & times
Tuesday 18:00 - 21:00