West Suffolk College, Bury St Edmunds
Permanent – 37 hours per week
Salary: £16,786 to £17,922 depending upon experience
Are you seeking to build a career working in Human Resources?
The current HR team at West Suffolk College are at the centre of everything the college does. This starts with ensuring that we appoint the very best staff to help our learners achieve their goals, whatever they may be.
The role is pivotal to deliver on all aspects of HR administration activities, in line with the priorities and service expectations set out by our HR team. You will administer the full employee lifecycle and provide basic HR advise within a fast pace and ever-changing environment.
The successful candidate will have excellent customer services skills, demonstrate resilience and have the ability to work towards tight time scales with good attention to detail.
HR is a varied function, meaning there is always project work with the aim to add value to the organisation. As a team, we are passionate about personal development, constantly developing knowledge and best practice.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support HR Manager & HR Advisors in collation of information and data required for reports as and when necessary.
- Build good relationships with all employees and Managers.
- Act as a note taker during formal meetings and provide lower level support to employees and managers.
- Arrange and conduct new starters Inductions
- Provide coaching and guidance to Managers and employees on Cintra and Folio, as when required.
- Administration of DBS checks and all pre-employment checks, including referencing and contract issue.
- General administration support for the whole HR team.
- Manage internal changes in relation to variations to contracts, absence and holiday updates, on Cintra.
- Manage general administration on the entire lifecycle of an employee, from new employee to leaver status.
Key Skills, Knowledge and experience
- Prioritisation and organisational skills.
- Handling confidential and sensitive situations and data.
- Decisive and takes personal responsibility.
- Thrives on and able to manage the pressures of the role.
- Resilient, high energy and self-motivated
- Communication and influencing skills
Team worker with good customer service and problem-solving skill
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our Character Strengths and Mission Statement to incorporate into your personal statement. You will find this very beneficial if you are invited to attend for an interview and it will help you to understand our expectations of you at an early stage of the recruitment process.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: Thursday 13th August 2020
Interview Date: W/C 17th August 2020
Previous applicants need not apply.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 For more information about how we access and use your information please visit our website – www.wsc.ac.uk/privacy-and-terms