Lecturer in Policing & Public Services - West Suffolk College, Bury St Edmunds
35 hours per week, Permanent
Salary: £25,767.12 – £36,581.19
Are you passionate about inspiring our public service professionals of the future? We are seeking a driven individual to pave the way for our students to enter the industry!
We need you to teach them the knowledge, skills and behaviours required for this sector; turning our students into respected professionals.
Although teaching experience would be ideal, we are keen to hear from professionals with experience of working within the police force and other public services.
Public Services courses at WSC offer students the opportunity to investigate the skills required to work within the sector, both on a practical and theoretical level.
The right candidate will need to be able to work with young people and be passionate about their learning journey. You will need to be creative, innovative and self-motivating to enable your students to succeed! Not only will you be sharing your knowledge and skills with the next generation, you will be a part of striving for continious improvement within the College.
- Teach and assess on a range of Further Education programmes including BTEC Level 3 and level 2 Diploma programme; “Policing and Uniformed Services”
- Act as a Course Director for Policing and/or Uniformed Public Services by managing the development of the course programme and develop new course programmes as appropriate
- Attend parent, career and other evening as appropriate
- Liaise with professional bodies and stakeholders as appropriate (schools, moderators, assessors, external verifiers, awarding bodies, industrial bodies etc)
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Current teaching experience with knowledge of high standard teaching and learning practices
- Experience of working in a policing background
- Knowledge of related industries and employment opportunities within it
- Experience or ability to work with, and support young people
- Excellent customer service focus and skills
- Effective team leading skills
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our Character Strengths and Mission Statement to incorporate into your personal statement. You will find this very beneficial if you are invited to attend for an interview and it will help you to understand our expectations of you at an early stage of the recruitment process.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: 19th April 2020
Interview Date: 30th April 2020
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 For more information about how we access and use your information please visit our website – www.wsc.ac.uk/privacy-and-terms