Lecturer in Engineering
Hourly Paid Basis – Grade 4- £31.23 per hour
Fully flexible with a range of hours and days –
West Suffolk College –Bury St Edmunds – Fixed Term
Looking for a change in pace? Looking for the chance to give something back?
We are looking for outstanding Engineering professional who will be able to engage and inspire our students to ensure they achieve the very best they can.
Due to growth, the college is currently expanding with new buildings and facilities and are working with numerous engineering companies in the local area.
We focus on teaching a range of engineering subjects, so if you have the industry experience – get in touch!
- Teach and assess on a range of FE programmes as required by the Head of Department.
- Participate in the development of existing and new course programmes and to assume responsibility for areas of work as appropriate.
- Liaise with moderators, assessors, external verifiers, awarding bodies and professional industrial bodies as appropriate.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Sound knowledge of general Engineering subjects.
- Knowledge of related industries and employment opportunities within it.
- The knowledge and ability to teach on Engineering and related HE programmes would be advantageous but is not essential.
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our Character Strengths and Mission Statement to incorporate into your personal statement. You will find this very beneficial if you are invited to attend for an interview and it will help you to understand our expectations of you at an early stage of the recruitment process.
**PLEASE APPLY ASAP, THIS ROLE WILL CLOSE AS SOON AS A SUFFICIENT NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED**
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 For more information about how we access and use your information please visit our website – www.wsc.ac.uk/privacy-and-terms