Lecturer in Electrical and Electronic Engineering – 35 hours per week - West Suffolk College –Bury St Edmunds –Permanent - £24,591.48 - £36,581.19
Apply your electronics/electrical engineering skills and experience to inspire the next
generation of engineers!
This is a fantastic way to share your knowledge gained throughout your career with engineering students, offering them guidance and support to achieve qualifications ranging from Level 2 up to degree level.
Due to growth, the college is currently expanding with new buildings and facilities and are working with numerous engineering companies in the local area.
- Teach and assess on a range of FE programmes including BTEC Level 3 Engineering, as required by the Head of Department. The knowledge and ability to teach on Engineering and related HE programmes would be advantageous.
- Participate in the development of existing and new course programmes and to assume responsibility for areas of work as appropriate.
- Liaise with moderators, assessors, external verifiers, awarding bodies and professional industrial bodies as appropriate.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or related subject, or an equivalent relevant professional qualification would be advantageous but is not essential
- Sound knowledge of general Engineering subjects is essential however
- Knowledge of related industries and employment opportunities within it is also essential
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our Character Strengths and Mission Statement to incorporate into your personal statement. You will find this very beneficial if you are invited to attend for an interview and it will help you to understand our expectations of you at an early stage of the recruitment process.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: 15th September 2019
Interview Date: 23rd September 2019
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 For more information about how we access and use your information please visit our website – www.wsc.ac.uk/privacy-and-terms