E-Resources Librarian - West Suffolk College –Bury St Edmunds - Permanent – 37 hours per week - SALARY: £23,679 - £25,288
The Learning Services Team are searching for an inspiring and self-motivated E-Resources Librarian to join their pro-active team!
The successful candidate would ideally hold a relevant professional qualification and a postgraduate qualification in Librarianship, or equivalent experience. Have a good knowledge and understanding of Library Management systems and be IT literate.
Join us at this exciting time of expansion as the library team continue to take a proactive approach to student support!
- Contribute to the smooth operation of the Library covering a range of duties
- Contribute to promotion and organisation of events e.g. Browns Book Bus, Wellbeing, and other cross college events
- Be responsible for the operation, implementation and smooth access to the electronic products.
- Produce statistics on use to inform future subscriptions
- Liaise with IT services and the E-Learning trainer/ facilitator to promote and develop access to resources
- Maintain, develop and promote the Library collection of e-resources and services at West Suffolk College
- Contribute to the upkeep, maintenance and development of the Library Management System.
- Contribute to University of Suffolk Learning Services to provide a coordinated and effective level of support to all university student
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- An accredited qualification in library and information science is preferre
- A strong eye for detail
- Ability to catalogue and classify new books to a high standard
- CILIP chartership or a willingness to work towards chartership.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure.
- Ability to train other staff where required.
- An organised, methodical and flexible approach to work.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Enthusiastic approach to leading a team forwards.
- Experience of office supervision.
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our Character Strengths and Mission Statement to incorporate into your personal statement. You will find this very beneficial if you are invited to attend for an interview and it will help you to understand our expectations of you at an early stage of the recruitment process.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: 15th September 2019
Interview Date: 23rd September 2019
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 For more information about how we access and use your information please visit our website – www.wsc.ac.uk/privacy-and-terms
Closing date: 15th September 2019
Interview date: TBC