Work Placement Officer
West Suffolk College, Bury St Edmunds
Permanent - 37 hours per week
Salary: £20,870.64 pa
An exciting opportunity has become available for Work Placement Officer’s to join our expanding Careers Team here at West Suffolk College. We are looking for someone who is vibrant, enthusiastic and dedicated to helping young people succeed. This is a predominately an employer engagement role, ideal for people with a sales and strong customer service background.
This position will give the successful candidate the opportunity to use their negotiation and networking skills make excellent connections with employers to enable them to source, identify and gain suitable industry work placement and work experience opportunities for students. This position will require the suitable candidate to be able to drive and have access to a car, due to 50% of the role be out and about meeting with employers.
- Coordination, monitoring and evaluation of potential work placements.
- Make excellent connections with employers to maximise the student’s opportunity for sustainable employment or other progression opportunities.
- Organise and coordinate an agreed caseload of students to source, plan, monitor and evaluate impactful and work placements
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- A relevant Health and Safety qualification or the willingness to work towards one
- A proven understanding of Further Education and Higher Education sector.
- Self-motivated and target driven
- Demonstrable experience of working with groups of students
- Experience of working with employers
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our Character Strengths and Mission Statement to incorporate into your personal statement. You will find this very beneficial if you are invited to attend for an interview and it will help you to understand our expectations of you at an early stage of the recruitment process.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: 13th September 2019
Interview date: 19th September 2019
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 For more information about how we access and use your information please visit our website – www.wsc.ac.uk/privacy-and-terms