Lecturer in Animal Studies – 30 hours per week - £21,078.41 - £26,088.30
(Full time equivalent ranges £24,591.48 – £30,436.35) – Permanent – Bury St Edmunds
Our new Animal Centre needs a passionate Animal Studies Lecturer to inspire our professionals of tomorrow!
You will be teaching both practical and theoretical aspects of Animal Management. You will therefore be delivering both classroom and practical teaching sessions.
Knowledge of current issues and developments within the animal care industry is essential in order to equip our students for future employment or further study within this sector.
- Developing Schemes of Work, planning innovative lessons and creating classroom resources
- Formative and summative assessment planning, implementation and providing feedback
- Participate and conduct internal verification, liaising with internal and/or external verifiers as appropriate.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Level 3 Qualification or above within an animal specialism
- Level 2 in Maths and English or GCSE equivalent
- Teaching Qualification or willingness to undertake training as appropriate, (it is a requirement that all new entrants to teaching obtain the Certificate in Education within timescales as specified in the job description)
- Industry experience
- Ability to relate to young people and support them through their course journey
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our Character Strengths and Mission Statement to incorporate into your personal statement. You will find this very beneficial if you are invited to attend for an interview and it will help you to understand our expectations of you at an early stage of the recruitment process.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: 25th August 2019
Interview Date: Week Commencing 26th August 2019
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 For more information about how we access and use your information please visit our website – www.wsc.ac.uk/privacy-and-terms