Lecturer – Digital Art and Design
West Suffolk College, Bury St Edmunds
Permanent – 35 hours per week
SALARY £32,784 - £38,653 pa
Do you want to be part of a driven team of staff and a range of creative students to build the best games design course in the UK?
Are you interested in Digital Art and Design, in particular games design and Development?
Do you want to be part of something new, and help develop this new course?
West Suffolk College is looking for someone with the passion and drive to teach a New L3 Games Design & Development course starting in September.
We are looking for candidates who can bring games experience and an understanding of the design of digital games as well as the practice of making them. The successful candidate will have experience in software use in game engines and design skills such as documentation and core design.
The successful candidate to have an understanding of software use and practical applications as well as a strong understanding of artistic roles in the games industry and an interest in furthering their research into the area. The role would include provision of support in Digital Art, 3d-modelling and animation.
- Teach and assess across a range of programmes with particular focus on the Level 3 Digital Arts, Concept Design and Games Design, and other duties as required by the Director of School.
- Plan, teach and assess on a range of digital art, graphic design and games/concept design/realisation across a range of courses. Engaging and innovative teaching is essential.
- Participate in the development of existing and new course programmes and assume responsibility for areas of work as appropriate.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- BA Hons or equivalent qualification in an Art and Design subject.
- Skills in art and design.
- Experience with Adobe and 3D software.
- Teaching Qualification or Willingness to undertake any training or development as or when appropriate.
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our Character Strengths and Mission Statement to incorporate into your personal statement. You will find this very beneficial if you are invited to attend for an interview and it will help you to understand our expectations of you at an early stage of the recruitment process.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: 17th July 2019
Interview Date: 23rd July 2019
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 For more information about how we access and use your information please visit our website – www.wsc.ac.uk/privacy-and-terms