Salary: £8,035 - £8,572 pro rata (£17,173.00 - £18,319.00FTE) dependant on experience
Contract: Permanent – 18.5hrs per week, 43 weeks per year,
Suffolk Academies Trust is looking for a Finance Administrator to join the team at this time of growth within the group. This is an exciting role for somebody who wishes to have an impact throughout an organisation.
The successful candidate will be a person of integrity, extremely well organised and able to maintain confidentiality. You will be an effective team worker, able to apply problem solving skills, be able to work flexibly, and react swiftly and confidently when priorities change.
The role will be a student facing role expected to solve varied problems and develop solutions using analytical, judgmental, creative and developmental skills. Interpret information or situations and to solve straightforward problems.
Support the wide range of administrative processes associated with the financial function to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Update and maintain accounts, using academy finance software and manual systems, ensuring correct data entry against relevant budgets, in accordance with procedure.
- To make regular payments to students eligible for the 16-19 Bursary award.
- To offer bursary advice and support; including the monitoring of student attendance.
- Receive, process and analyse income; to include banking of cash/cheques and issue of receipts, and online and debit/credit card income.
- To carry out other finance functions to support the academy such as booking train travel, processing car parking payments and mileage through payroll, childcare voucher payments and cycle to work scheme.
- To attend Open Events and promote the 16-19 Bursary and finance service to prospective students.
Closing Date: 18th July 2019
Interview Date: 31st July 2019
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 For more information about how we access and use your information please visit our website – www.wsc.ac.uk/privacy-and-terms