West Suffolk College
Bury St Edmunds
Permanent 37 hours per week
SALARY: £23,679 - £25,288 dependant on experience
The Finance department are looking to recruit an exceptional Payroll Officer to join their team. Processing a payroll for up to 1000 staff including managers, full and part-time lecturers and business support staff.
The successful candidate will have a passion for customer service, great attention to detail and wants to part of an exciting journey with the finance team.
- Liaise with the HR department to assist in coordinating the transfer of all payroll data.
- Provide advices, guidance and support regarding SSP, SMP, NI, Tax etc.
- Liaise with the payroll software provider to implement any changes to the system or new features.
- Assist with validating, auditing and obtaining approval of all proposed net payments.
- Provide advice and support to all employees with pay or pension queries.
- Assist in the preparation of information for sending to BACS and transmit such information once complete.
- Collection, checking and validation of payment instructions (overtime claims, casual hours claims, travel & subsistence claims, etc) in accordance with standing instructions.
- Assist in processing monthly and annual returns to HMRC, Teachers Pensions Authority and Suffolk LGPS.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- NVQ Level 3 qualified or working towards the qualification
- Good administrative and record keeping skills.
- Strong IT and mathematical skills.
- Good accuracy and attention to detail.
- Competence in communication and organisational skills.
- Working knowledge of SAGE, Microsoft Excel and Office
- Thorough knowledge of payroll and pension systems, legislation and procedures.
- Experience of working in a financial environment.
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our Character Strengths and Mission Statement to incorporate into your personal statement. You will find this very beneficial if you are invited to attend for an interview and it will help you to understand our expectations of you at an early stage of the recruitment process.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: 21st July 2019
Interview Date: 7th August 2019
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 For more information about how we access and use your information please visit our website – www.wsc.ac.uk/privacy-and-terms