Programme Tutor – Health, Maternity Cover, Fixed Term – 35 hours per week
West Suffolk College, Bury St Edmunds
SALARY: £22,303.43 – £24,041.75 pro rata (£26,303.43 - £28,048.71 FTE) depending on experience
West Suffolk College is looking for a dynamic and passionate ‘Programme Tutor – Health’ to join their team on a fixed term maternity cover contract.
Do you have a Clinical Health qualification, experience and feel passionate about motivating and developing young people and adults in an educational setting?
At West Suffolk College you will strive to give these learners the skills and knowledge they require in order to gain their qualification, along with setting them up with the skills necessary for them to progress into employment.
The successful candidate must have a flexible approach to their work, ensuring they meet the changing needs of the candidate and the business. This role requires also you to be able to travel throughout the East Anglia Region.
- Delivering learning programmes for an agreed caseload of between 45-60 Apprentices and delivering on other leaner types which as required.
- Linking information gathered from “Initial Assessments” with employer’s and learner’s needs to create meaningful learning programmes which meet College and external stakeholder’s Quality Standards for all aspects of the Learners programme.
- Plan and develop learning and assessment (if required) opportunities for all aspects of the Learners programme with the agreement of the learner and employer (including relevant internal College departments where necessary), set challenging milestones and SMART targets which are comprehensively detailed onto learner’s Individual Learning Plans (ILPs) and E-portfolio. Ensure ILPs are shared with all relevant delivery and support staff. Be responsible for ensuring the learning programme for each learner on caseload is successfully delivered.
- Facilitate, monitor and record the delivery of on-the-job learning, in conjunction with the employer, so that the learners are appropriately prepared for Gateway, EPA and each of the planned learning and assessment milestones included in their ILP. Ensure on-the-job activities are documented clearly on the College’s ePortfolio system.
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with employers and their staff, acting as their key account manager for the employer, providing excellent customer service with each interaction and attain high-level satisfaction within customer service feedback survey.
- contribute to the College’s marketing activity, in particular at open events, Business-to-Business, schools and networking events.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training or a relevant post 16 Teaching Qualification
- Current high level of subject knowledge – Clinical Health.
- Knowledge of Apprenticeships and full cost learning requirements and delivery methods.
- Car Owner and possession of a full driving licence.
- Recent extensive vocational industry experience relevant to sector in which you deliver in.
- Knowledge and application of a wide range of teaching strategies, including for differentiation.
- Ability to connect to and motivate young people and adults in learning.
- Professionalism – role model behaviour e.g. with attendance, timekeeping, organisation, time management, reliability, confidence and personal presentation.
- Flexible approach to work to meet changing business and candidate needs.
- Capability to work under own direction, plan and manage own work load.
- Capacity to travel throughout the East of England.
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our Character Strengths and Mission Statement to incorporate into your personal statement. You will find this very beneficial if you are invited to attend for an interview and it will help you to understand our expectations of you at an early stage of the recruitment process.
Please forward an up to date CV, if you have not heard from the college within 14 days of applying, please assume your application has not been successful.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 For more information about how we access and use your information please visit our website – www.wsc.ac.uk/privacy-and-terms
Closing Date: 2nd September 2019
Interview Date: 12th September 2019