Lecturer in Accounting and Finance – 35 hours per week - West Suffolk College –Bury St Edmunds –Permanent - £24,591.48 - £32,784.60
Are you passionate about inspiring financial professionals of the future?
The finance and accounting department are searching for a dedicated lecturer to prepare our students for the world of work or further study within this sector.
The department is committed to expansion and would be looking in the future to deliver AAT and ACCA.
- Teach and assess on a range of FE Accounting and Finance programmes
- Teach at any of the College’s learning centres.
- Participate in the development of existing and new course programmes and to assume responsibility for areas of work as appropriate.
- Participate in School and Course Team meetings, curriculum planning and materials development as appropriate.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- A degree in Accounting or Business Studies or an equivalent relevant professional qualification (AAT, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) is essential
- Possession of a Certificate in Education, PGCE or other higher teaching qualification would be advantageous, but the willingness to complete a teacher training qualification is essential
- Sound knowledge of general business studies and accountancy
- Ability to work with young people in a supportive way
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our Character Strengths and Mission Statement to incorporate into your personal statement. You will find this very beneficial if you are invited to attend for an interview and it will help you to understand our expectations of you at an early stage of the recruitment process.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: 15th September 2019
Interview Date: 24th and 25th of September 2019
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 For more information about how we access and use your information please visit our website – www.wsc.ac.uk/privacy-and-terms