Personal Support Tutor
West Suffolk College, Bury St Edmunds
Permanent – Term Time only – 37 hours per week/ 38 weeks per year
SALARY: £17,128.22 - £18,255.05 pro rata (£20,870 - £22,243 FTE) dependant on experience
An exciting opportunity has become available to join the Personal Support Team as a Personal Support Tutor. The team is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated person to help drive the department forward.
The successful candidate will be working as a member of the cross-college team delivering effective tutorial entitlement, learner support and guidance which will enable a specific caseload of learners to achieve success and develop their potential. Targeting intervention activities with, challenging students.
- Providing information, advice and guidance (IAG) at open events
- Facilitating initial assessment activities.
- Participating in student induction and enrolment programmes.
- Inspiring students to take ownership of their progress and development by encouraging them to lead the 1:1 tutorial.
- Ensuring SMART targets are discussed, set, agreed and monitored.
- Being familiar with and ensuring students are aware of progression opportunities.
- Acting as first point of contact for students and their respective parents/guardians.
- Monitoring and recording of students’ attendance or punctuality issues.
- Addressing low and medium level welfare issue and bullying issues and logging the information within the specified college systems.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Desirably qualified or working towards Level 4 qualification
- Level 2 in Literacy, numeracy and IT
- Experience of working with and supporting learners within an educational environment
- A good understanding of SMART target setting, desirable.
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our Character Strengths and Mission Statement to incorporate into your personal statement. You will find this very beneficial if you are invited to attend for an interview and it will help you to understand our expectations of you at an early stage of the recruitment process.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: 21st July 2019
Interview Date: 31st July 2019
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 For more information about how we access and use your information please visit our website – www.wsc.ac.uk/privacy-and-terms