**Search the new library portal - all your resources in one place**
Let us know what you think tweet to #WSCDisc
**For the full Library Plus search page CLICK HERE and have a look - access to books, e-books, journals, e-journals, videos and much much more!**
**NEW** Encyclopaedia Britannica - a high-quality, comprehensive information source combining the insightful Encyclopaedia Britannica plus Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary and Thesaurus, magazines and periodicals, primary sources and many other research tools. It provides the variety of reliable sources that students need to consult when conducting thorough research—all from one resource.
E-journals and Full-text Databases
Academic Search Elite - this database spans a broad range of academic subjects with thousands of full-text journals
- CINAHL - The Cumulative Index of Nursing and Allied Health Literature, is a comprehensive research database providing full text for hundreds of nursing and allied health journals with records dating back to 1937 and expanded content
- Construction Website - This is available with a username and password via Library+ - do a search and the widget for the database is on the right hand side.
- Digimap- Database of Ordnance Survey maps
- N.B. this is only available onsite and via a student machine.
- Green FILE - This comprehensive resource draws on the connections between the environment and a variety of disciplines such as agriculture, education, law, health and technology. Topics covered include global climate change, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling and more.
- JISC MediaHub - JISC MediaHub offers search results for video, image and audio files. You can search and browse for multimedia resources from a wide range of collections including Channel 4, Getty Images, Imperial War Museum, ITN, Films of Scotland, Reuters, Royal Mail Film Classics, Wellcome Collection and many more
- Literary Reference Centre - this is a full-text database providing information on thousands of authors and their works across literary disciplines and timeframes.
- Rocks Back Pages - The ultimate archive of music journalism with over 25,000 articles on artists from Aaliyah to ZZ Top, on all genres from rockabilly to hip hop, by the finest music writers of the last 50 years.
- Safetyhub videos - 72 videos on all aspects of health and safety - Available in college only.
- Teacher Reference Centre Teacher Reference Center provides many subjects for teachers needs, including: Assessment, Best Practice, Continuing Education, Current Pedagogical Research, Curriculum Development, Elementary Education, Higher Education, Instructional Media, Language Arts, Literacy Standards, School Administration, Science & Mathematics, Teacher Education
- The Vogue Archive - A complete searchable archive of American Vogue, from the first issue in 1892 to the current month. It includes every page, advertisement, cover and fold-out, with rich indexing enabling you to find images by garment type, designer and brand names.
- Primal Pictures - Derived from real human data, this range of software provides over 5,000 3D anatomical structures, clinical slides, dissections, animations and much more.
- Click View - is a video delivery service, allowing 24/7 access to the most up-to-date, course matched video content chosen by staff. How to access ClickView
Back to top
An online archive of over 17,000 articles by music journalists from rock publications of the last 50 years.
Freely available on-site. Off-site you will need a username and password. Please ask a member of the Library staff.